If writing and speaking impeccable English is one of your core strengths, you’re about to find out some great ways to hone your abilities and earn money by teaching English online. You don’t need any special skills besides communicating well! All it takes is high proficiency, proper certification and the resources to teach online, namely a computer with a decent Internet connection, a webcam and a pair of heaphones.
Teach English Online & Earn Big Bucks
How To Earn By Teaching English Online?
Begin by qualifying as an English teacher with the right certification. You can choose from TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language), TESL (Teach English as a Second Language), TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Language). In this process, you’ll learn all about vocabulary, grammar, teaching skills and more. Always opt for certificates that are internationally recognised.
Get The Right Tools
Once you’ve got your certification, build up your virtual classroom with the right tools. You can teach online using:
- Video conferencing programs such as Skype, to carry out lectures and exchange documents
- Online storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive to share large amounts of study material
- A YouTube channel to reach out to your students and share lessons
- Online whiteboard applications such as Idroo, that let you explain concepts better
- Tools such as EduCanon, that help you create great video lessons to publish on YouTube
- Websites that provide course material, such as Off2Class
- Management software such as Teachworks, that let you schedule and organise your lessons
- Programs such as Dictation, to convert your voice into text. This is particularly useful when you want to narrate large documents.
Here are 3 of the most popular ways to earn money online by teaching English:
- Private Tutoring: As a private online English tutor, you can run your own website or blog, and publish videos on YouTube and Vimeo. How you promote yourself online is crucial in getting new students. Use social media to the fullest, and sign up on sites like myprivatetutor.com.
- Freelancing: There’s no limit to how much you can earn as a freelance English teacher. Again, marketing your services plays an important role. You can use a website or blog, social media and advertisements as promotional tools. Register on sites such as ODesk and Elance to find opportunities.
- Working for Websites: Alternatively, you can join websites that pay English teachers and grant you access to a large number of students across the world. You don’t have to marketing yourself so much. Some of them are VerbalPlanet, iTalki, Colingo, Livemocha, OpenEnglish, MyEnglishTeacher and TutorGroup.
Teaching English online is definitely a lucrative option, one that offers huge returns with almost minimal investment. There are school-goers as well as professionals in India and several foreign countries such as China, Japan, Russia, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Thailand, who are on the look out for competent English teachers. Get qualified, get online and grab your online money-making opportunities now!